Monday, August 8, 2011

Europeans ahead of the fashion

So as I was saying in my first blog, I have been looking through a bunch of other blogs. Getting an education and just seeing what is being written as well as what people are discussing.
To me it seems that the Europeans seem to be so ahead of the fashion world. American companies do not cater to the plus size figure. They are afraid of showing off curves. I remember a while back that the television world would not play a sexy lingerie ad for Lane Bryant. But they have no problem airing an entire show of Victorias Secret fashion show. It just doesn't make sense.
Vogue Italia featured on the front cover three plus size models. Now I came across this website about Vogue Italia: http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-curvy

This is what is needed. This is what young women need to see. That you don't have to be a size zero to be thought of as pretty or perfect or even sexy. Women with curves are very sexy. In fact that's all everyone is talking about with Hollywood stars such as Sofia Vergara or Christina Hendricks. Very beautiful women with very sexy curves.

No comments:

Post a Comment